Pause, Create and Renew Retreat
June 14, 4:00 PM – June 16, 11:00 AM
Location: Stephen & Betsy Corman AMC Harriman Outdoor Center in Harriman State Park.
Join Susan Magnano from Photour Adventures and Tatyana Kochergina, certified Yoga and Melt Teacher on a 3 day Women’s Retreat. We will introduce 5 Ways to Pause, Re-Discover Your True Nature and Renew with your Body, Mind and Soul.
Your Pause and Renew weekend begins the moment you drive onto our waterfront access to 64-acre Breakneck Pond. Three freshly made vegetarian meals daily prepared with the intention to nourish body, mind, and spirit. Serenity and peace welcome you with complimentary hot tea, filtered water and meditative surroundings.
Your Host Tatyana Kochergina, certified Yoga and Melt Teacher and Susan Magnano, photographer will introduce 5 Ways to Pause, Re-Discover Your True Nature and Renew with your body, mind and soul.
1) MELT method (fitness four different balls) that is designed to reconnect whole-body communication, rebalance the nervous system, rehydrate the connective tissue, and release compression in joints.
2) Yoga classes that provides a balanced practice that typically includes asana, breath training, systematic relaxation, and seated meditation. Appropriate for all levels of experience, including beginners.
3) Connect & Create with Nature during a Photography Walk. Professional Photographer, Susan Magnano will help you connect and capture the beauty of nature around you. Susan will guide you on a walk around the peaceful pond and through the forest. She will share photography tips on exposure, composition and depth of field. SLR Cameras are recommended but smartphones are welcomed.
4) Kayaking, nontraditional form of stress reduction: Hitting the water and getting your heart rate up can help you reduce stress levels, exercise has been shown to improve your mood and can even help fight depression through the release of endorphins, boost of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin that your brain gets from exercise all help to improve focus and attention, release of chemicals within our bodies that improve the health and production of brain cells. Most importantly, you will overcome challenges and learning new skills that can help to improve your self-image and boost your confidence.
5) Mindful Walking, nontraditional form of meditation in helping to: connect with environment, communicate with nature, get to know your body, slow you down, strengthens concentration, increases your awareness of intention, expands everyday mindfulness and connect to the present moment. Some 225 miles of park trails, including portions of the Appalachian Trail, offer plenty of hiking opportunities. The abutting public lands of Bear Mountain State Park and Sterling Forest further enhance the 46,313-acre state park’s natural features and remote feel.
Me Time Retreat invites you to open the door to a feeling of balance in your body, mind and soul.
MELT Method, Yoga, Photography, Walking and Kayaking
Accommodations at the beautiful Stephen & Betsy Corman AMC Harriman Outdoor Center, New York, Hudson River Valley
Meals: 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners and 2 Breakfasts