3 Day Photography Workshop
Just a 2 hour drive from Phoenix, Arizona is majestic Sedona, known for its iconic vistas, red rocks, canyons, sunrises, sunsets and it's unstoppable beauty. Summer in the desert is an amazing time of year because it is monsoon season which brings the chance to photograph epic storms, rainbows, and amazing sunsets. Sedona sits at 4500 feet in elevation which makes for cooler temperatures in the summer. The desert has attracted landscape photographers for decades, you truly have to see this place to believe it.
Come and spend 3 days in the desert with like-minded photography enthusiasts who enjoy photography as much as you do. We’ll spend our mornings and evenings chasing some of the best light and vibrant landscapes, working on composition, developing your personal style and helping you to come away with some great new images for print and your portfolio.
We will shoot sunrise and sunset at different locations throughout the area. Mid afternoons will be spent working in a group as well as working one on one developing post processing and editing techniques, critiques and printing.
With two instructors on hand, the teacher to participant ratio is reduced, everyone will receive instruction that focuses on his/her specific learning objectives. We will guide everyone in taking their photography to the next level in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. This experience is truly not to be missed!
- 2 Professional Landscape Photographers
- In the field instructions and guidance on mastering photography skills
- Classroom session including Lightroom and Photoshop techniques, and critiques
- Group transportation within the workshop
- 3 - 12x18 matted prints of work photographed during workshop
- Farewell dinner
What's not included:
- Airfare - Phoenix Airport recommended (2hrs to Sedona)
- Transportation to Sedona or airport
- Car rental or car taxi service
- Hotel Accommodation at suggested hotel:
- Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa - Discount code given upon signing up for workshop)
- Meals with the exception of the farewell dinner
What should I expect?
This photography workshop adventure is designed to give all participants the opportunity to shoot and capture some of the most amazing landscapes and places in the country. We will guide you through different photography techniques, camera settings and how to use filters to properly expose your shots. We will also spend a good amount of time on photo composition and developing your own style so your photos will tell your story to the viewer.
Group size will be kept small (approx. 10 participants) to afford each participant one-on-one instruction both in the field and in the classroom for post editing.
What should I bring? What's required?
Upon signing up we will send everyone a detailed equipment and material list. The basic gear everyone should have is a digital SLR camera body, tripod and a variety of lens. Laptops are recommend to help you fully learn to edit on your own system.
We will be outside doing some walking/hiking for a good part of the trip. It is advised for you to dress in layers and with proper footwear. Temperatures and conditions can change rapidly in the desert so it is best to be prepared.
Each day will consist of the following:
* Guided in-the-field shooting and instructions
* Group sorting and critique
* Group editing and individual assistance
* Printing & matting of selected edited images
Potential Shooting Locations:
* Aiport Vortex
* Cathedral Rock Crossing
* Doe Mountain
* West Fork
* Buddhist Stupa
We Will Be Shooting:
* Sunrise and Sunset from Vortexs
* Monsoon Season ( Possible Rainbows, Lightening Storms and Colorful Sunsets)
* Iconic Red Rock Canyons
* Desert Cactus and Wild Flowers
* Buddhist Temple
* Ghost Town
* Star Photography & Light Painting
Cancellations received at least 60 days prior to the workshop start date: We refund any tuition paid, with the exception of a $50 processing fee.
For cancellations received 30 to 60 days prior to the start of the workshop: We refund any tuition paid, with the exception of a $100 processing fee.
For cancellations received within 30 days prior to the start of the workshop: We retain full tuition.
Click here to REGISTER
A deposit of $600 is required to reserve your spot for the workshop. Your Balance is due 60 days from the start date.
4 DAY WORKSHOP: